I know a bunch of people who support life extension, but they are very busy. They are going to first of all deal with their stuff and only then become involved in anything related to longevity. It’s just that there is always stuff to do every day. Meanwhile, life is passing by. We may be simply late. Late by 10 years, by 1 year, by only 1 day. There can be no situation more stupid than being late to buy «my life» ticket. There is so few people in our field. To fight aging you don’t really need motivation, you need discipline. You have to just force yourself. Simply force yourself.
Tag Archives: longevity
5 reasons why you should invite your friends to the Longevity Cookbook Indiegogo Launch Party:
1. Do you want your friends to have better and longer lives? Take care of them! Let them know that they can extend their lives and the lives of many people around them.
2. To slow down and eventually defeat aging people should unite. Longevity Cookbook Party is an amazing opportunity to meet like-minded people, think of new projects together and have fun.
3. Longevity Cookbook is the strategy of defeating aging. We are launching a project that is going to change everything. Participate in this historic event! Our book will save millions of lives because we will provide scientifically proven information about how to preserve your life.
4. Often people don’t know how to help the cause of longevity. Now there is a clear answer! It is crowdfunding for Longevity Cookbook.
5. And photos of course! We will have tons of cool pictures taken from the Party!
Reposting this is making a contribution to an action of peace, goodness and fairness.
I am looking forward to seeing everybody on May 14 at Mighty club in San Francisco at 119 Utah street!
RSVP – https://www.facebook.com/events/1750304398529385/
My colleagues and I would like to launch the Longevity Cook Book crowdfunding campaign in upcoming three months.
We would like to raise funding to create a book that will tell the story about what longevity depends on, what processes are going on in our bodies during aging and how they can be slowed down, dieting in the right way, based on the current scientific knowledge. The book will contain the most up-to-date research data on the beneficial properties of various foods, their longevity effects and abilities to prevent different age-related diseases.
Longevity Cook Book will give you the special recipes, developed with the help of professional chefs, on how to cook longevity-boosting dishes from the healthiest ingredients possible.
Besides the recipes, the book will tell you how to “cook” longevity in terms of science. I will explain the existing directions in aging research and the most promising experiments that need to be carried out to make a truly long and healthy life a reality.
Here’s the Longevity Cook Book plan:
- The role of diet in health and longevity. I will describe the diets that increase longevity and prevent age-related pathologies (with proof in humans and model animals)
- Physiology of nutrition. I will explain how food is digested, how the nutrients are absorbed in the intestines, how they enter blood stream, what they do inside the cells. There will be some pretty pictures to illustrate all of that.
- Brief and easy-to-understand description of aging mechanisms and the mechanisms of age-related pathologies (like cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, etc.) and how diet can influence those mechanisms
Description of the healthy foods including scientific papers, illustrating why they are healthy, and biological mechanisms that those foods influence
Longevity Menu. Dishes made with longevity foods cooked the healthiest ways accompanied by pretty pictures of the dishes.
“Cooking” longevity. I will describe the main approaches to solving the problem of aging and the most promising experiments.
How do you like the idea? Would you be interested in reading such a book?
For the crowdfunding project to be successful it has to have a powerful start, therefore I’d like to agree on reposting the campaign when it launches in advance.
I call upon everybody to, please, let me know, who would be up to spreading the word about this project when the time comes.
If you have some nice amount of people following you on twitter or other social networks, I’ll be happy to collaborate.
I also welcome advice on how to engage a larger audience. Maybe you have some journalists or bloggers that you know?
I present a draft of a possible layout of one of the pages.
There will be many different icons that tell you various bits of information about the dish. In particular on this page a face means the research on the given type of food was done in humans, a mouse – on mice, a test tube – on cell cultures.
We haven’t yet put together the pictures of aging mechanisms, but we will definitely do it.
Enjoy Judy Campisi’s plenary talk about the relationship between aging and cancer.
Enjoy the plenary lecture of Dr. Robert Shmookler Reis about the long-lives worms and biomarkers of aging.
This is the plenary lecture of Dr, Andrzej Bartke at the Genetics of Aging and Longevity conference that took place in Moscow on April 22-25. I will be posting the upcoming videos of the talks on the Youtube channel of our Foundation. Please, subscribe and enjoy the power of genetics of aging.